Tuesday 18 February 2014

"Need-le" Valentine?

If you're a loather of Valentine's Day, look away now. Mine and Pip's involved baking, bathing, and braving the wind and rain to do the twist at a Northern Soul night. We really go for it every year and attempt to make at least one example of heart-shaped food.

White chocolate and raspberry (and fluorescent pink!) heart shaped cookies

Pie, the most romantic of Valentine's meals
We also indulged in a sloe gin and rose lemonade or two... and of course, I squeezed in some stitching!

Over the years I've developed a (perhaps slightly worrying) penchant for mid-century Valentine's cards. The crapper the pun, the better. So when I stumbled across a lot of 43 from one of my favourite vintage dress shops on Etsy, I knew that I had to snap them up, whether they were destined for a feature wall in my future 50s kitsch home, or a crafting project. The card below (which incidentally may win the prize for crappest pun of the lot) has sealed the deal; I'm going to create something crafty, and a real departure/new challenge for me out of the cards.





Time permitting around my RSN commitments, I should be sharing the results here in the not-too-distant future. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, whether you shared it with a sweetheart or said "Bah, humbug" to the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment