Sunday 28 June 2015

Antidote to Comfort Consumerism Potion

A bit of a departure for this week's #secretsofselfpreservation, and on a slightly lighter note; this week's potion reads "Don't shop whilst sad". 

After attempting to bounce back last week, the reality of my bad news hit me a bit this week. Inadvisedly, I tried to cheer myself up by buying a new dress mid-week, only to realise it wasn't to my taste at all once I got home. 

Like comfort eating, which I am equally guilty of, comfort shopping is probably a bad idea. Better to go for a walk, make a cup of tea, have a bath; all the things I usually do as self care.







Remember you can get involved too, via the hashtag ‪#‎secretsofselfpreservation‬, by writing about a simple way you plan to, or already do, take care of yourself. Alternatively, you can create your own embroidered (or written on paper) potion - just remember to include the hashtag #secretsofselfpreservation along with your snaps of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment