Wednesday 12 October 2011

Potion Book!



I've just unearthed this old chestnut; it's a book of potions that my best friend and I made when we were wee. Thought it was appropriate seeing I'm giving a workshop making love potions next Wednesday! Think I will bring it along with me for inspiration (or perhaps just a giggle!)

There's even a love potion recipe:





The recipe reads:

Love Potion

Ingredients

1 small red rose
3 petals of poppy
5 buttercup petals
The air on which a first kiss was carried
Sugar and spice and all things nice
2 extra tsps sugar
pinch of salt
200ml water

Method

To start with boil the water. When boiled add sugar and spice and all things nice, extra sugar, salt, and rose. Leave to simmer for 5 mins then add air and crushed flower petals. Put in fridge to cool overnight - in morning you will have a love potion.

1 comment:

  1. i think as children we are much wiser and cleverer than when we are adults... i wish i could have a chat with my younger self...

    i reckon some of those potions will work!

    ReplyDelete